If you are searching for a small business that is responsive to your needs and provides high-quality work at reasonable rates, just give us a call. We would be glad to discuss your specific needs and provide a cost estimate for our services.
Beverly J. Campbell, President
Stacy Philipson Grenis, Vice President of Administration
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc.
656 Quince Orchard Road, Suite 210
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878-1409
The ideal Senior Writer/Editor will have experience working in the science or health publications field. Specific experience writing and editing diverse types of documents on many different health and/or environmental topics is preferred. The Senior Writer/Editor will collaborate closely with technical and non-technical staff to draft meeting summaries, newsletter content, strategic plans, fact sheets, and other documents. The candidate must be able to:
- Produce clear, comprehensive drafts using excellent grammar, punctuation, formatting, and syntax.
- Write and edit material to ensure well-structured, logically organized content and inclusion of proper citations.
- Follow plain language guidelines, translate highly technical findings into concise, engaging, actionable material for diverse target audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; science background helpful.
- Collaborative skills--can engage with a team of in-house staff as well as clients at NIH, EPA, and other government agencies under the guidance of the Task Manager and Project Director.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in writing scientific or health-related content that makes research accessible to lay or technical audiences.
- Excellent substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading, and fact-checking skills as applied to scientific/medical content.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Experience as a publications director, managing editor, and/or production schedule manager.
- Scientific or medical editing certification.
- Familiarity with content on women's health, HIV/AIDS, allergy and infectious diseases, and environmental health issues such as asthma.
- Knowledge of AP and GPO style guides and the ability to develop and maintain in-house style guides.
- Proposal writing, editing, and/or management experience.
- Work experience with NIH a plus.
SCG seeks a Network Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure, and efficient data/voice communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain, and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operations. Furthermore, the candidate will serve as a helpdesk personnel resolving staff’s issues/concerns.
- Fully support, configure, maintain, and upgrade corporate networks, desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and computer-related equipment.
- Install and integrate new desktop, server, printer, and peripherals hardware and applications.
- Perform updates as needed.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency) and test for vulnerabilities.
- Resolve problems reported by end users.
- Implement network policies and procedures.
- Identify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords.
- 3–5 years of proven experience in a network administrator role
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with Microsoft products (Office and Operating Systems)
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of desktop and server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure printers, laptop, desktops and servers hardware
- Proficiency in Active Directory
- Working knowledge of MS Exchange Mail Server
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, IIS, Red Hat, Drupal, and VMWare
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking skills
- Microsoft, HP, Cisco, VMWare training/certification
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
Interested candidate should submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements.
SCG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For all positions, candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
656 Quince Orchard Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
7315A Grove Road
Frederick, MD 21704