If you are searching for a small business that is responsive to your needs and provides high-quality work at reasonable rates, just give us a call. We would be glad to discuss your specific needs and provide a cost estimate for our services.
Beverly J. Campbell, President
Stacy Philipson Grenis, Vice President of Administration
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc.
656 Quince Orchard Road, Suite 210
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878-1409
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. has an immediate need for a Communication Specialist to be based on-site at our client facility located in Rockville, MD. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Provide project management from a communications perspective. This involves managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Prepare documents of a non-technical (i.e., non-scientific) nature.
- Lead or contribute to message development, including for speeches, presentations, and dissemination programs.
- Edit and proofread communications and other information products.
- Prepare for or respond to media calls or press-worthy attention to the client’s work.
- Communications plans, as needed
- Media advisories or press releases
- Other communications products, as assigned
- At least a BA in communications, public relations, or other relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience taking press calls and writing press releases and media advisories
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong communications skills, oral and written
- Expert with typical Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint)
- Be able to obtain and maintain NACI level 1 security clearance.
Communication Specialist—Digital Media
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for client social media platforms
- Post social media content, report back on results, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Monitor and track analytics with social media team
- Track, report, and interpret data analytics for online webinars/trainings
- Administrative reporting
- Additional communications duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in communication, public relations, marketing or related field
- At least one year working in social media or digital spaces
- Familiarity with social media platforms and emerging trends (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google, Facebook, and Twitter Analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to juggle multiple pieces on different deadlines in a given day
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Motivation to learn and grow professionally
- Some travel required
- Working knowledge of government consulting and public health issues a plus
- Basic knowledge of graphic design a plus
Mid-level Web Developer
Consulting firm in Gaithersburg, MD is seeking a permanent Web Developer with 5-8 years of experience to help a growing web development team. Responsibilities include design, development, testing, and maintenance of websites, web applications and databases, 508 compliance, CMS administration, as well as generating various reports. Candidates must have strong interpersonal communication skills (written/verbal) and a team-oriented, customer service attitude.
- Minimum BS/BA degree
- 5-8 years real world job experience
- Ability to work as part of a project team as well as independently
- Must be self-disciplined with effective time management abilities, and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with shifting priorities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) best practices and testing for security vulnerabilities a plus
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation for Web-based solutions
- 5-8 years of Web application development experience using the .NET Framework including VB, C#, and both Web Forms and MVC.
- A good understanding of systems operations and environments, server configuration, site optimization and caching.
- High Proficiency with HTML and CSS best practices
- Strong SQL skills including the ability to write and troubleshoot Stored Procedures (Knowledge of major database systems such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL will be required)
- In addition to Web Applications working knowledge and demonstrable experience with Sharepoint 2013, SiteCore, or Drupal are highly desirable.
- Java, ColdFusion, PHP, and classic ASP skills a plus.
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. has an immediate need for a Program Analyst. The position will be based at our client site in Rockville at the National Cancer Institute (NIH) and will work closely with NCI staff and members of the extramural scientific community to facilitate both data submission and data access. Primary duties include collection and review of all requests for access to genomic data, coordinating voting process with the Data Access Committee, and relaying decision to the requesting party. Attention to detail a must. Experience with Excel and/or other types of databases required. Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or related field of science required. Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with an undergraduate degree/minimum 1-year experience with a graduate degree in genetics/genomics or other science related field. Candidate must be proficient in MS Excel. Familiarity with epidemiology and genomics research a plus.
Program Support Assistant
Position will be based at our client site in North Bethesda/Rockville.
The PSA will be responsible for taking minutes at meetings, preparing the written summary and coordinate meetings. Candidate may also be asked to prepare narrative and tabular materials such as memoranda, correspondence and reports in accordance with the NIH correspondence manual and other applicable guidance, for review by originators.
The PSA is responsible for use of proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation and format. The PSA utilizes a Document Correspondence tracking system to ensure a timely response to correspondence and reporting requirements of the office. In addition, the PSA forwards all closed documents to the OAR Document Specialist for future reference. The PSA may make all necessary arrangements for travel for OARAC members, presenters, and key OAR scientific staff members, as well as prepares Domestic and Foreign Travel Orders/Vouchers using the Official Airline Guide to develop flight itineraries. The PSA may provide assistance to receive incoming correspondence and screen all materials prior to distribution for a response, follow up for the supervisor, and review correspondence prepared for the supervisor’s approval. Check for spelling, typographical errors, compliance with formats and procedural requirements.
The PSA may assist with receiving visitors and telephone calls to the office, determines the nature of requests and directs callers to appropriate staff. Take requests for appointments with supervisor and staff after checking on their availability, confirms all appointments, and reschedules appointments upon request of the supervisor or staff member. Schedules appointments and makes arrangements for time, participants, and location of meetings in accordance with instructions from the supervisor. Makes necessary arrangements for travel, arranging schedules of visits, making reservations, notifying organizations and officials to be visited, and submitting travel vouchers and reports. Uses On-Time Calendar Program to develop up-to-date calendars and weekly reports to the OAR Director’s Office.
The PSA responds to routine and nontechnical requests for information such as status of reports, response dates for matters requiring compliance, and similar information readily available from files. Prepares requisitions for office supplies, equipment, and publications. Performs a variety of administrative support duties, such as making extensive travel arrangements, making complete arrangements for large conferences, composing complex but nontechnical correspondence, locating and assembling information for various reports, briefings, conferences, etc., following up with staff members to insure that various commitments made at conferences and meetings are met, designing and organizing filing systems, planning and arranging the maintenance and preparation of information needed for budget reports, and organizing the flow of clerical processes in the office.
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. has an immediate need for a Scientific Writer/Editor to be based on-site at our client facility located in Rockville, MD. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Research, develop and draft articles, speeches, talking points, blogs, tweets, web content, presentations, and other materials for scientific and lay audiences.
- Perform extensive research through interviews and by reviewing existing documentation.
- Prepare a variety of documents such as reports, correspondence, and notes on oral instructions.
- Provide science and science policy writing and editing.
- Write in a timely manner for lay and professional audiences.
- Have a high level of computer literacy in Microsoft Word.
- Copyedit and proofread materials.
- Manage multiple editorial projects.
- Translate technical and scientific subject matter into clear and concise text.
- Ensure that written content is clear, concise, consistent, and free of bureaucratic or overly dense language.
- Develop brochures and fact sheets.
- Make recommendations to project leads on editorial or communications issues.
- Strong skills in Excel and Power Point preferred, but not required, including the ability to:
- Create title and bulleted list slides
- Format font, size, color, and alignment of text
- Change line and paragraph spacing
- Create multilevel bulleted and numbered lists
- Add text boxes, auto-shapes, and graphics to a slide
- Effective use of animation
- Insert table and chart slides into a presentation
- Use the outline view to modify and manipulate slides
- Use the slide sorter view to arrange and
- Manipulate slides
- Apply slide transitions between slides
- Add speaker notes for a slide
- Apply a design template to slides
- Modify the color scheme and background of a slide
- Edit and format master slides
- Print slides, handouts, and speaker notes
- Utilize shortcut keys while showing a presentation
- Prefer a PhD, or MD degree but not required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in writing scientific materials for professional and lay audiences.
- Extremely broad knowledge of biomedical research areas so as to be able to conduct literature searches, to gather new information, identify topics, write and edit in-depth technical articles and articles for the lay public.
- Excellent judgment in interpreting findings, analyzing the gathered information, verifying facts, and drawing conclusions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and style.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
Senior Administrative Assistant
Full-time position available in Bethesda, MD, for an experienced Senior Administrative Assistant. This position performs all duties consistent with a Senior Administrative Assistant to a SES-level Deputy Division Director (the Deputy Director of the Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives (DPCPSI)). The individual, at all times, represents the DPCPSI Deputy Director, and as such maintains professionalism and composure. These duties may include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day front office operations, including, but not limited to, problem and conflict resolution, organization and prioritization of tasks, and responding to written and verbal communications.
- Maintain and update systems for communications among staff (e.g., ListServs and distribution lists) to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects, program activities, and other tasks.
- Ensure the DPCPSI Deputy Director attends meetings on time. This includes reminding the Deputy Director of upcoming meetings in a timely manner and helping to make sure adjacent meetings end on time.
- Ensure the DPCPSI Deputy Director has sufficient supplies and other materials to conduct work; stock his printer, refreshes pen supply, and otherwise relieves the Deputy Director of responsibilities the Staff Assistant could undertake.
- Ensures that the front office is conducive to a quiet work environment by minimizing distractions. This includes directing visitors to the waiting area, ensuring that conversations are kept to a reasonable noise level, and that visitors are announced before allowing them to enter the Deputy Director’s office.
- Track, record, and direct incoming and outgoing office documents.
- Manage travel and registration logistics needed for the DPCPSI Deputy Director to represent the organization at conferences and meetings. Organize and process travel and provide prompt feedback about travel.
- Coordinate and set up for meetings and events for the DPCPSI Deputy Director; arrange attendees’ schedules/attendance, request conference room reservation, check attendees’ availability, set up conference calls, set up video conferencing, provide onsite assistance before the meeting, coordinate the transfer of meeting materials.
- Draft and edit various written materials: correspondence, reports, and various forms, official duty memoranda, individual/mass mailings, create and maintain PowerPoint slides for presentations, generate meeting minutes, agendas, and other communication materials for proper format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Maintain the DPCPSI Deputy Director’s calendar and meeting scheduling, and provide the same level of assistance to the Senior Advisor in the IMOD/DPCPSI, as requested.
- Obtain all documents needed for the Deputy Director to prepare for upcoming meetings. Assemble meeting folders for the Deputy Director.
- Perform data entry, and maintain and utilize databases; generate queries and reports from databases (e.g., QVR) as needed.
- Create and maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures, and project files.
- Request and process various services and orders for: purchase orders, office supplies, CIT assistance, printing services, phone services, computer equipment, maintenance agreements for equipment, visitors parking stickers, facility management, request price quotes.
- Provide property custodial services as requested: receive and reconcile property inventory list, as well as collect, consolidate and provide administrative rights.
- Assist in providing updates and changes to SharePoint site.
- Receive telephone calls and visitors; take messages or forward calls and inquiries to appropriate staff member; check office voice mail.
- Distribute mail, prepare photocopies, and assemble printed materials; coordinate the printing and conversion of paper documents to electronic files.
- Provide support with timekeeping duties.
- College education preferred; High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in NBS travel, DDRMS, NIHTS; POTS; college degree can bypass this requirement.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Minimum of 3-5 years office administration experience; college degree with some administrative
- experience can bypass this requirement.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, planning, and organization skills.
Senior Data and Information Specialist (non-IT role)
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. seeks a Senior Data and Information Specialist (non-IT role). Position is located on-site at our client’s office in Rockville. Primary responsibilities of the position include data management, analytical support for program review and evaluation, website usability testing, and database and literature searches.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to—
- Provide advanced quantitative data manipulations and advanced quantitative analysis using Excel and other applications.
- Review and analyze division budget allocations in order to create graphic summaries in Excel.
- Prepare data summaries for the Division’s annual briefing book.
- Develop formats for reporting grant and contract budget allocation summaries and for the Division’s website.
- Analyze and graph the Division’s grants and contracts awards trend data and prepare summary charts, graphs, and flip charts for quick reference by staff.
- Analyze annual health disparities data (data prepared by SCG) and prepare the summary report.
- Prepare organization-wide data summaries to show how data on award success rates and number of awards for different mechanisms relate and compare with that of the Division.
- Perform literature searches as required by the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in science/biology related field; MS preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and other applications used to conduct advanced data manipulations and analysis
- 5+ years conducting quantitative data analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of 508 compliance a plus
For all positions, candidates should send resumes to email@example.com.
SCG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
656 Quince Orchard Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
7315A Grove Road
Frederick, MD 21704