If you are searching for a small business that is responsive to your needs and provides high-quality work at reasonable rates, just give us a call. We would be glad to discuss your specific needs and provide a cost estimate for our services.
Beverly J. Campbell, President
Stacy Philipson Grenis, Vice President of Administration
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc.
656 Quince Orchard Road, Suite 210
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878-1409
Senior Administrative Assistant
Job SummarySeeking administrative professional with an eye for detail, initiative, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Will support our client at a large federal agency responsible for biomedical and behavioral research. Successful candidates will be energetic, self-starters who are focused on customer service.
Responsibilities and DutiesThis position serves as a Senior Administrative Assistant to a SES-level Deputy Division Director. The duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the Deputy Director’s calendar, scheduling both external and internal meetings, ensuring the Deputy Director attends meetings on time, and preparing meeting folders with appropriate meeting materials. Serves as backup to the Executive Assistant to the Division Director in scheduling meetings and providing other assistance when the Executive Assistant is out of the office.
- Plans, schedules, organizes, and executes group meetings (checking attendee schedules, reserving facilities, arranging for audiovisual support, and coordinating meeting logistics such as distributing meeting materials and arranging Skype/video teleconferences)
- Responds to routine questions, routes calls to appropriate staff and/or relays messages, checks office voice mail box, orders supplies and tracks usage levels, distributes mail
- Tracks, records, and directs incoming and outgoing office documents, following established procedures. Creates and maintains office records, including but not limited to, office procurements, human resources requests, and project files.
- Submits and processes requests, including purchase orders for supplies and services, IT assistance, printing, telephone, copier and computer equipment, maintenance agreements for equipment, visitors parking stickers, building maintenance, and requests for price quotes.
- Proofreads, edits, drafts, or writes e-mails, letters, reports, and requests as directed and creates and maintains Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides for presentations, generates meeting minutes, agendas, and other communication materials ensuring proper format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Maintains and updates documents for communications among staff (e.g., ListServs and distribution lists) to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects, program activities, and other tasks.
- Distributes mail, prepares photocopies, and assembles printed materials; coordinates the printing and conversion of paper documents to electronic files.
- Drafts and edits various written materials: correspondence, reports, and various forms, official duty memoranda, individual/mass mailings, Provide property custodial services as requested: receive and reconcile property inventory list, as well as collect, consolidate and provide administrative rights.
- Assists in providing updates and changes to the division’s SharePoint site.
- Seeks approval for travel through the division’s automated system and the NIH travel system; works with the traveler and travel agency in planning travel; and follows-up with the traveler to ensure submission of vouchers within 5 days of return from travel.
- Provides administrative support to other senior managers in the division.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School Diploma required.
- At least 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Senior Administrative Assistant to a senior-level executive; a college degree with some administrative experience can substitute for some of this requirement.
- Attention to detail, planning, and organization skills.
- Ability to apply common sense and good judgment in completing assignments and in prioritizing competing priorities.
- Ability to successfully interact and communicate with all levels of staff in an organization.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative and follow-through on a broad range of administrative duties and to work effectively in a team environment.
For all positions, candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
656 Quince Orchard Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
7315A Grove Road
Frederick, MD 21704