If you are searching for a small business that is responsive to your needs and provides high-quality work at reasonable rates, just give us a call. We would be glad to discuss your specific needs and provide a cost estimate for our services.
Beverly J. Campbell, President
Stacy Philipson Grenis, Vice President of Administration
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc.
656 Quince Orchard Road, Suite 210
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878-1409
Health Communication Specialist
The Communications Department at The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. is seeking a health communications professional to provide communications support to both private and government clients within the environmental and health & biomedical fields. This opportunity is based in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to tasks and responsibilities as outlined below:
- Assist in providing professional consulting services to government and private clients.
- Assist in the management and design of public health outreach programs and marketing initiatives.
- Develop targeted messaging and strategic plans for multiple media outlets (print publications, Web, video and audio presentations).
- Support the implementation of clients’ communications programs, campaigns, and outreach efforts.
- Facilitate both internal and external meetings.
- Develop key messaging for multiple media outlets (print publications, Web, video, and audio).
- Possess or develop content expertise in specific health and science-related fields.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public health, journalism, or related field and 5 years of related experience, or Master’s Degree in communications, public health, journalism, or related field and 3 years of related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in public health outreach programs, strategic planning, and constructing messaging for multiple media outlets.
- Experience in consulting, specifically with health and science-based agencies.
- Experience managing competing priorities and adapting to changes in priorities and workload.
- Ability to perform administrative activities efficiently and effectively (i.e., progress reports, proposals, budgets).
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively across departments and with multiple clients.
- A willingness to learn from communications professionals of all ages and experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements.
For all positions, candidates should send resumes to email@example.com.
SCG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
656 Quince Orchard Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
7315A Grove Road
Frederick, MD 21704